Effective November 1, 2020, all country-specific travel restrictions to Costa Rica will be lifted. COVID-19 entry requirements will still need to be met.
1) Complete the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form at https://salud.go.cr (available in English and Spanish only).
2) Get an RT-PCR test and obtain a negative result within 48 hours before arriving in Costa Rica. Effective October 26, 2020, this requirement will no longer be needed.
3) Passengers arriving from the United States of America must prove they live in one of the states who have received clearance by Costa Rica’s Health Ministry (see list below).
4) Proof of travel insurance. Insurance can be purchased in the country of origin or in Costa Rica. If purchasing in Costa Rica, these are the authorized sellers:
- National Insurance Institute (preferred): https://www.grupoins.com/seguroparaviajeros
- SAGICOR: https://www.sagicor.cr/seguro_para_turistas/
For international insurance, travelers must request a certification from the issuing insurance company in English or Spanish verifying at least these 3 conditions:
- Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica.
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 disease while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand United States Dollars).
- Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issues due to the pandemic.
5) Upon landing in Costa Rica, strict adherence to COVID-19 prevention protocols: social distancing (1.8 meters between passengers), face coverings, temperature readings, constant hands disinfection, and follow all sanitary indications by airport and government officials.
Some companies and sites are stating the following:
“Due To COVID – 19 Regulations, All Passengers Must Have An Airport Shuttle Reservation Before The Arrival In Order To Use Any Of Our Services We’ll Not Be Taking Reservation At The Airport”
This is not true and misleading. You do not need a shuttle reservation as a requirement to entry to Costa Rica. Transportation services can be booked directly at the airport.